PRACTICAL SHOOTING SKILLS
Caswells Course Curriculum: Pistol 300
Practical Shooting Skills
The Practical Shooting course is the third in the sequence of handgun instruction at Caswells. It builds upon the skills found in the Fundamental Shooting course and on your own personal experience.
Our Practical Shooting course focuses on the more complex movements required in defensive shooting. The class is 7 to 8-hours, broken up over 2 days, and includes classroom work, hands on dry-fire practice and live-fire drills.
Focus areas within this course include:
• Proper methods to draw from the holster
• Accuracy with shooting the first shot from the holster
• Multi-round shots & follow through
• Appropriate sight picture at various target distances
• Basic reloading techniques
• Basic malfunction clearances
Personal shooting experience is required or successful completion of the Caswells Fundamental Shooting Skills course.
Equipment and supplies required:
Class requires eye and ear protection and at least 300 rounds of ammunition for the handgun you will use.
• Semi-Automatic pistol with three (3) magazines, spare magazine carrier
• A quality strong side holster (no shoulder holsters)
Course tuition is $120.00